Sutton house fire leaves
Michael Utt thought he heard the doorbell ring at this 228 S. Stonewall Street home just after 2:00 p.m., Friday, June 7. When he went to investigate he discovered the noise was coming from a smoke detector and smoke coming from the roof of his residences. The owner made a hasty retreat into the burning structure to help is disabled wife get out. With the assistance of three persons who happened to be in the area, the couple was able to escape the inferno, but not without substaining burns. They were taken to Braxton County Memorial by Braxton Emergency Ambulances Services and treated for what was believed to be non-life threating injuries. They were later transferred to Cabell-Huntington Burn Center for additional care. No additional information concerning their condition has been released.
Read the rest of the story by subscribing to the Braxton Citizens’ News
As low as $18.50 per year for print or electronic version
Or… pick up a copy at your favorite local newspaper outlet. Still only 50 cents per issue…